I have a list of potential wedding venues that are within a stone's throw of Karin's Place. A great option is to have the wedding party stay at the house, have the rehearsal dinner here, get ready for the wedding here, and use a venue to give you the very best wedding that you could ask for.
The first thing to consider is that, while spacious, Karin's Place is ultimately a home. HOWEVER, the short answer is yes, it is a possibility. The pricing and base guidelines are listed below.
If you are simply having a little ceremony and party with no additional people, entertainment, etc., the additional charges are negotiable.
No Large Outdoor TENTED weddings
I might make exception on occasion.
INDOOR RECEPTION or OUTDOOR without tent
(all pricing subject to 9% sales tax)
|TWO nights in the house for up to 30: $4860
THREE NIGHTS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (3rd night pricing dependent on the number of people actually staying: $1250/night first ten people; $59/person/night after that.)
WEDDING additional costs:
- Up to 50 people: $1500
- Over 50 people: $40/person extra
- Maximum 80 people: $2700
- WEDDING LOCATION
- Surround sound system in the ballroom;
- Movie screen;
- 10 6-foot tables
- 6 round tables (seat 4 each)
- 75 padded folding chairs
- Formal dining table (seats 12)
- Mix and Match of Finlandia and Royal Doulton china;
- Wine glasses;
- Billiards table converted to buffet table (if desired);
- Wedding/Event coordinator
- Wedding day location facilitator (setup and breakdown assistance)
- Cleaning fees
- Option to host rehearsal dinner;
- Parking facilitator
- Catering highly recommended from our list of approved caterers. If you choose to provide your own food or have a pot luck, at least two people should be hired to facilitate at $20/hour. (We provide the people.) OR have at least two of your guests dedicated to looking after the food.
- No loud bands or DJ outdoors. (Exceptions possible.)
(Light outdoor ceremony or cocktail music is acceptable)
- Liquor license and licensed bartender REQUIRED if having a cash bar. Our recommended caterers provide this. If you are providing the alcohol, you must sign additional liability waiver and the drinking age laws MUST be followed.
- For a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out, one additional day needs to be reserved at $1250 minimum. An additional night is calculated based on the number of people with a minimum of $1250 for up to 10 people.